Saturday 8 September 2012

Travel Photographer of The Year 2011

I visited the Royal Geographic Society on 18 August 2012 where the winning images from the 2011 competition were being exhibited.  The advertising alone on the RGS website told me that this was going to be amazing - and the captivating image in question of  scuba diver swimming alongside a beluga whale was just incredible.  I was also interested to see images from West Africa, having spent some time there myself.  What I liked about this exhibition was that it didn't just show one image from the winning photographer, but a selection of images.  In addition, it showed images from previous winners making the most of their prizes.  And I also liked the fact that some vintage photographs were shown.

This exhibition made me want to get out and go travelling again.

My only criticism was that on the day in question, it was brilliant sunshine, which made it had to look at the white outdoors stands because of the glare. 

Of course, I took advantage of the special offer for all four books, which I am looking forward to reading!

For more information see:

http://www.tpoty.com/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18522990

No comments:

Post a Comment