Sunday 4 November 2012

Photography Monthly - Special Issue 2012

I found the article on Landscapes forming part of the series on the Landscape Recipe Book very informative.  Written by Mark Bauer the article describes how to mark foregrounds interesting.  The key features are:
  • Enlarged rocks (wide-angle)
  • Paths leading into the background
  • Rocks framing the edges
  • Plants providing an effect frame (although at Camera Club I was warned against this by a judge....)
  • Smoky water
  • Converging lines
  • Empty foreground
  • Pointers from the corners of the frame
The whole series of the Landscape Recipe Book has been very helpful - I shoot a lot in the Lake District and am very interested in creating different landscapes - I think I now need to go back through my previous editions and piece it all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment